Mold Removal By Certified Experts
Mold Removal in Charlotte and Surrounding Counties
The best way to tackle mold in your crawlspace is to prevent it from growing and spreading by identifying the moisture source and eliminating or at the very least, controlling it.
If mold has already established itself in your crawlspace, CCSS is ready to help. We have the knowledge and expertise to identify moisture sources, clean and remove the mold and can provide you with a game plan to prevent mold from returning that fits your budget.
When summer arrives in Charlotte, the increased heat and humidity levels in your crawl space triggers the growth of mold, mildew, wood rot (fungi) and attracts insects like termites, spiders and other creepy crawlers.
Foul odors – musty, earthly and sometimes even a cat-urine smell can build up beneath liners and vapor barriers as organic materials break down and resulting gases seeping into the crawl space and into your family’s living space.
Mold growth, encouraged by high humidity levels, can be very detrimental to your family’s health, especially if you or anyone in your family has allergies or suffers from asthma.
The mold produces mold spores and off smells that fill the crawlspace environment and slowly permeate the home’s living area through the process called the “stack effect”.
As fungi grows, it feeds on moist wood, the actual structural support of your home, and if left unchecked, can actually destroy the joists, support beams and subfloor panels resulting in sagging, unlevel floors, squeaky and buckled hardwood floors, buckled and cracked interior walls.
High humidity levels (crawl space moisture) in your Charlotte area crawl space and excess crawl space moisture vapor can cause numerous problems in your home.
Whether the water comes from an source external to the crawlspace or comes from internal crawlspace sources, the water increases the humidity levels of the crawlspace which in turn can result in a multitude of consequences, none of which are good.
Since water vapor can move through porous cement, moisture from the ground can move through it and into your home.
Reasons People Seal Crawl Spaces
Here are problems that lead people to sealing their crawl space:
- provide the ideal environment for mold and mildew growth in
- grow wood rot fungi which devour your home’s wooden structural beams and posts
- soak your fiberglass insulation reducing the R-factor thus the insulating qualities of the fiberglass batts between floor rafters
- increase condensation on any air conditioning ducts or equipment
- Mildew/musty smell in basement or crawl space
- Contribute to Soft or spongy floors
- High cooling costs- increased electric bills
- provide an ideal breeding ground for insects like termites, carpenter ants, spiders, roaches which attract snakes and other pests
- sweating interior windows due to high interior relative humidity
- affect you family’s health due to poor air quality – mold spores, dust mites, off-gases from organic decomposition – all resulting in chronic health issues for your family – Allergy and asthma symptoms
- crawl space moisture vapor condensating on pipes
CCSS Is Now Crawl Space NORMI Certified for Mold Remediation
Mold remediation now will help you avoid costly, unnecessary repairs later and create a healthier living space for you and your family. Take care of your crawl space mold problems by calling CCSS and let the crawl space experts identify your problems, provide you with your repair and cleanup options and give you an estimate that will work with your timetable and budget.
Call us now at (704) 989-8219.